If you have been following this blog for a while you probably already know that everyone in our family loves mushrooms. So it is not a big surprise that mushrooms are the most popular topping for our homemade pizza.
Here are the steps:
1. We preheated the oven to F350.
2. We cleaned the mushrooms by brushing off the sand and dirt with a paper towel. Do not rinse them under water, they will become soggy.
3. We sliced the mushrooms and sautéed them in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until browned and soft.
4. We bought our whole wheat pizza dough from Whole Foods earlier that afternoon and left it to rise at room temperature for about an hour. Then we rolled it out 1/2 inch thick.
5. We transferred the dough on a baking sheet, spread pizza tomato sauce over it, followed by the sauteed mushrooms and grated mozzarella cheese.
6. The pizza was baking in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown. We served it with sauteed broccoli rabe and plan to use the leftovers for lunches next week.
I am Natalia, a registered dietitian, child nutritionist and mom of three. I love helping families raise healthy and happy eaters, resolve feeding problems, eat well with food allergies and enjoy family meals in simple and delicious ways.