I am obsessed with roasted vegetables. Such a perfect way to cook in bulk, clean out the fridge and intensify the flavors!
But sometimes I feel that although perfectly delicious alone, roasted veggies could use a fresh note. After experimenting with a few recipes, I came up with this simple concoction that is a perfect companion for them.
This cilantro feat dressing can be prepared in 2 minutes and helps use up the leftover herbs that may be lingering in the fridge. We usually prepare it with cilantro and parsley, but basil will also work great. Best served with roasted carrots, cauliflower, eggplant, potatoes and any other roasted vegetables you fancy.
If you are lucky to have leftovers, store them in the fridge and use with pretty much anything, from steak and chicken to sandwiches.
- 1 garlic cove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro and parsley
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Put the first 5 ingredients in a food processor and blend for a few seconds.
- Mix in the crumbled feta. It can be blended together with the rest of the ingredients if you like a smoother texture or left in small bites if you prefer.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, fish, chicken or steak.
- Enjoy 🙂