Here is another easy finger food recipe that babies can enjoy from as early as 6 months. This pea fritter recipe has only 3 ingredients and is dairy and gluten free, in case your little one has food allergies, and is packed with veggies and protein from egg and chickpea flour.
If food allergy is not a concern for your family, remember that it’s not recommended any more to avoid potential allergens when starting solids, unless it has been recommended by a doctor.
You can refrigerate the green pea fritters for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to a month. Thaw them for a few hours in the refrigerator before use and reheat on a pan or in a microwave.
Easy Green Pea Fritters (A Great Finger Food for Baby Led Weaning)
Makes 6 fritters
- 1/3 cup defrosted or canned peas
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
1. Place peas in bowl and roughly mash with fork.
2. Add egg and flour to the bowl with peas and mix.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add oil.
4. Drop 2 teaspoons fritter mixture onto warm skillet, flipping after about 1 minute, cooking a total of 2-3 minutes.
5. Place cooked pea fritters on paper towel to cool.
To serve, cut fritters in strips or serve whole.
You can serve them to your baby or include them in a family meal! Just round them up with some delicious accompaniments like cheese cubes, pieces of chicken, fruit and steamed veggies.
More Finger Food Recipes:
Starting solids the easy, safe and stress-free way!
Let me show you how to feed your baby using the mixed approach, so you can be guided by your baby and not by a rigid philosophy.